Saturday 14 June 2014

Card in a Box

Today I am sharing some cards with a difference that I really love to make.  I initially did a class with Candy from Scrapbook Fantasies, in January.  Then in March of this year, I attended a retreat in Brisbane held by Tina White, www.timetoinkup.blogspot.com, who is a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator, who also demonstrated the technique of making a 'Card in a Box'.

Example of Tina's card


So I have been experimenting and have come up with a two different colour themes of my own.


The happiest wishes for your birthday card, I really love, as the colour scheme of yellow which is my favourite colour, teamed up well with the cream and black patterned paper from graphic 45.  A work friend has bought this card so I made a little gift card and envelope to go with.



And last of all I had this patterned A4 paper I had purchased from Scrapbook Fantasies and thought of a colour combination of red, white and grey.  I thought it turned out really pretty so I have made 12 of this version and added the number 40 for my June Card Club swap with the theme of numbered birthday cards and I choose 40 as mine as I am turning forty myself this year.


Hope you get inspired and love making these cards as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment