Thursday 9 January 2014

January Card Club Swap

At my local Scrapbook Store, Scrapbook Fantasies, there is card club held the second Saturday of each month.  We choose a theme every month to participate in card swaps.  For the month of January our theme is beach/shells.

I wasn't particularly keen on this theme when it was first suggested as don't have many shell stamps.  But I pulled out my rollagraph wheels and my very first one, which was purchased over 15 years ago, was of shells.  So using some Stampin' Up! linen ribbon I inked the wheel of shells and rolled it directly onto the ribbon.  Then used a similar idea I had seen, using my distress inks to create a washed effect on some watercolour paper to represent the sand and sea meeting.



Finished card with a shell brad and frayed muslin.

No comments:

Post a Comment